Synthetic oil base stocks are made from organic compounds or synthetic hydrocarbons using a process that re-arranges the structure so all the molecules are uniform in size, shape and weight, a phenomenon that does not occur in nature. In contrast to petroleum oils which are pumped from the earth and refined, synthetics are custom-designed to produce the ideal lubricant.
- Better low and high temperature viscosity performance.
- Better chemical & shear stability.
- Decreased evaporative loss.
- Resistance to oxidation, thermal breakdown and oil sludge problems.
- Extended drain intervals with the environmental benefit of less oil waste.
- Improved fuel economy in certain engine configurations.
- Better lubrication on cold starts.
- Longer lasting engine life.
- No tendency of deposit formation.
- Less oil-consumption.